Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Who are you reading, darling?

Reading has always held an important spot within my list of favorite things, right along with sleeping, jumping rope, and tulips. During middle school in particular, it was rare to see me without a book. I truly enjoyed escaping from my reality of braces and bad hair via the world of Nancy Drew or commiserating about said braces and hair with all of Judy Blume's characters. In any case, I still love to read as an adult and am on a constant quest to appease that hunger. Recently exhausting the free book offerings of interest on both my Kindle and iPad, I turned to the two most logical book referral methods--facebook and Oprah's Book Club. (Aw, did you think I went to the library? You're cute.) About half of Oprah's Book Club's selections have been turned into Lifetime made-for-tv movies, and in that I trust. After researching my options, I decided upon 'The Heart is a Lonely Hunter' by Carson McCullers which tells the tale of outcasts and their longing for self-expression and human connection. Who are you reading, darling?

1 comment:

  1. Aleph - by Paolo Coelhoo ... and NO, i do NOT recommend it.

    ReplyDelete