Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Orange Ya Glad I Didn't Say Banana?

If you were to open my closet, you would no doubt be swimming in a sea of grays, pinks, and purples. I trust gray. I understand gray. It's a great neutral that matches everything and is a champion at hiding sweat. (That's if I were to sweat, which I don't--I GLOW.) And pink and purple are there to spice things up as needed.

Well it looks like 2012 just got spicier! Pantone has listed its color of the year as 'Tangerine Tango', which can be described as 'a spirited reddish orange that continues to provide the engery boost we need to recharge and move forward'. Don't these ladies look energized? ;)



I actually like tangerine tango and will definitely test out this trend, although most likely initially in makeup or nail polish form.



But if I start abusing this color and attempt to go all around orange--somebody please tango me towards another color palette.



3 comments:

  1. For me, I think the key to wearing orange is, possibly, having other outfit colors to work with besides black.(Navy?) Black and orange together - forever the jack o' lantern....

    ReplyDelete
  2. But you can rock any color... Tango at will!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, it will be a challenge! Orange + green = carrot. Orange + white = creamsicle......

    ReplyDelete