Friday, January 20, 2012

The mail order bride of coffees



I work dangerously close to a Starbucks. Dangerously close! So close in fact, that I can borrow their free wi-fi from the comfort of my office to fuel my Words with Friends addiction. During my morning coffee run, I saw a new coffee featured: Starbucks Blonde. Described as 'Mild and mellow, the lighter roast perfected' I decided to give it a try (God forbid there be a new Starbucks menu item and I not try it) and ordered a 'tall Blonde'. Realizing what just came out of my mouth, I tried to joke with the barista by saying, 'Oooh, but who doesn't want a tall blonde who likes long walks on the beach, am I right?'

Response: 'He.' *abruptly turns away*


DAMN IT! Anyways, for those of you who are interested in having a tall blonde ALL for yourself, it is light, smooth and overall non-offensive (apparently unlike my sense of humor). There is no burnt or earthy aftertaste that I sometimes get with a regular Pike at Starbucks. Plus, the packaging and accoutrements are all yellow like a sunshiney day! I'd have it again on a day when I'm not craving a stronger brew, but in general, I don't think Blonde coffee has more fun.

1 comment:

  1. psh, some people. at least you didn't joke about your heroin-like dependency on coffee, which I have been known to do. somehow that makes people uneasy! especially when my hand shakes as I reach for the beverage that sustains my life! whatever, you know?

    Wish there were a "like" button for the blog posts! Love your witticisms, adorabelle!

    ReplyDelete