Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Nude Attitude






In the spirit of my previous posts on aesthetic adventures, I found myself at Spa World in Centreville, VA on President's Day. Before actually making the decision to trek all the way out on 66, I was careful to read the reviews on Yelp, as honestly, I had no idea what to expect. Reviews were mixed, with the main concern being the required nudity in certain areas of the facility. Ahhh, Americans! Pssh!

Nudity--my own and that of others--does not bother me, so I decided to take the plunge. When you arrive, your shoes are immediately taken from you and you are required to go shoeless for the remainder of the stay. Before heading to the whirlpool area, I went to the gym to get in a quick workout where I found other Spa World visitors working out barefoot. Is this unappealing to anyone else? Maybe my problem is with foot nudity? Thank goodness I had my running shoes hidden in another bag and was able to shoe up before getting on any of the equipment.

After I was done exercising, I made my way to the whirlpool/sauna area. I'm not totally retracting my statement that nudity doesn't bother me (well, non-foot nudity), but I will say that since it was very crowded when I went, I think the proximity to other naked people took some adjusting to. Once I blocked out the fact that I was thisclose to Naked Nancy and her bff Buff Betty, the whirlpool was actually very relaxing. And for those of you wondering-- no one had a Miami Beach body, so men, stop your fantasizing about a bunch of hot girls prancing about in a pool of water, and ladies, no worries about how you look in your birthday suit.

Once I was done in the whirlpool, I made my way to the poultice rooms, which were basically heated rooms featuring different minerals. This was all good until I decided to test out the 'Red Clay Ball' room, which is a room heated to about 103 degrees that has little clay balls the size of marbles all over the floor. Yes, there was a sign that read 'Watch Your Step' and yes, I thought that I was watching my step. I guess I also wanted the other 10 people who were half-asleep in this room to also watch my step when I fell face forward into their sleeping area. Oh, heeeeeeey, sorry, did I wake you?

At this point, I decided I had enough of bare boobies and tripping, so I got myself a bubble tea and bounced. All in all, it was a fun and interesting experience. I'd go again on a non-holiday!






3 comments:

  1. The never-ending quest for youth, beauty, and immortality. I applaud you for visiting there. It is funny how nudity loses its allure when everyone is naked. Still, this does sound like a veiled Puritanical attempt at an orgy. We'll have to talk about foot nudity another time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is as good as my falling head first and then flipping over 3 rows at the Preakness race

    ReplyDelete
  3. That meme is hilarious... Props to you, adventurous spirit!

    ReplyDelete