Wednesday, February 22, 2012

IN YO' FACE!

I am an aesthetics adventurer! I've been using myself as a guinea pig for as long as I can remember in a lighthearted attempt to have luxurious hair and glowing skin. And at times, it truly is an experiment; In high school, I put raw egg in my hair because I read in 'Seventeen' that it would make my hair super shiny. Instead, I ended up with partially scrambled eggs in my hair as I used hot water instead of cold to rinse it out. Hmmm, breakfast.

Other times, I've been more successful. After a so-so haircut, I always take pre-natal vitamins to help nourish my hair and encourage growth. It totally works! And if you need to get rid of a zit quickly, crush one uncoated aspirin, mix it with honey and lemon juice, and apply it to your face. The aspirin acts as an exfoliant and decreases inflammation while the honey and lemon have anti-bacterial properties that start attacking the blemish. BOOM.

Currently though, I'm embarking upon the world of anti-aging products. While I don't have too many wrinkles just yet, I would like to stop them in their tracks, lest I have to overcompensate for them later in life and end up looking like Kenny Rogers. Things I am incorporating into my routine include: rosehip seed oil, grapeseed oil, Omega-3-6-9, and foods high in anti-oxidants.

I will also be trying face yoga--no stretchy pants needed!



1 comment: